Intro to Gators is a fun, precompetitive, swim team where coaches work with your children to master the four major swim strokes. This program is offered to students ages five and above who have a working knowledge of freestyle, backstroke, and breaststroke. The Intro to Gators program is offered throughout Orange County, specifically in the following cities
- Mission Viejo (indoor pool)
- Rancho Mission Viejo (indoor pool, August 2021)
- Ladera Ranch (residents of Ladera Ranch only)
- Laguna Hills (outdoors pool)
Our goal is that every child is successful in this program and that it serves as an introduction to the various aquatic activities that children have access to in Orange County.
- This program meets Monday-Thursday, Saturday* and Sunday* for 45-minute practices. Students can attend 1x or 2x per week, where you choose the day(s) and location that is most convenient to you. See the Schedule below for each location.
- The Intro to Gators program is a year-round program and parents can choose to start this program at any point in the season. The program is month-to-month so you can start and end the program at your convenience.
- We offer “Splash & Dash” swim meets throughout the year. These swim meets are recognized as “recitals” for precompetitive swimmers.
- Swimmers who are promoted to Intro to Gators 2 are ready to participate on a competitive swim team. A family can choose to continue swimming in this program or transition to the Gators Swim Club, our competitive swim team.
Our coaches are trained and certified in our Intro to Gators course. Depending on the number of students in the class, we will have 1 or 2 coaches.
- Each swimmer must have goggles, fins, and a kickboard
- Swimmers with long hair or hair that goes past the eye line, must wear a swim cap to keep the hair out of the eyes.
- Boys must wear “jammer” or “brief” swimsuits and girls must wear one-piece swimsuits. We do not allow board shorts for boys or two-piece swimsuits for girls.
- We sell starter kits for Intro to Gators families. The starter kits include fins, a kickboard, and a swimsuit.
- Mon-Thur: 7:15pm-8:00pm
- Fri: 6:45pm-7:30pm
- Sat-Sun: 8:00am-8:45am & 1:25pm-2:10pm
- Mon-Thur: 10:30am-11:15am