Intro to Gators is a fun, non-competitive, swim team where coaches will work with your children to master the four major swim strokes. This program is offered to our students ages five and above who have a working knowledge of freestyle, backstroke, and breaststroke. The Intro to Gators program is offered throughout Orange County, specifically in the following cities
- Ladera Ranch (residents of Ladera Ranch only)
- Laguna Hills (outdoors pool)
- Mission Viejo (indoor pool)
- Rancho Mission Viejo (indoor pool, June 2021)
Our goal is that every child is successful in this program. Some of our swimmers will go on to swim on Gators Swim Club (competitive swim team) and others will simply do it as a healthier lifestyle option. Whatever the reason, we want to fulfill your goals.
- This program meets Monday-Thursday, Saturday* and Sunday* for 45-minute practices. Students can attend 1x or 2x per week, where you choose the day(s) and location that is most convenient to you. See the Schedule below for each location.
- The Intro to Gators program is a year-round program and parents can choose to start this program at any point in the season. The program is month-to-month so that you can start and end the program at your convenience.
- We offer fun swim meets called “Splash & Dash” throughout the year. These swim meets are recognized as “recitals” for non-competitive swimmers. These swim meets rotate throughout our facilities and although not required, we strongly recommend them.
- When a child is ready to join our competitive team, we will hand him/her a “Swim Team Ready” certificate. We will also go over the information that is important to both parents and swimmers so that you can make an informed decision in regard to the next step. If a swimmer receives a “Swim Team Ready” certificate, it does not mean that you have to leave the Intro to Gators program. It simply notifies you that if you are wanting to join the competitive team, your child is ready!
Our coaches are trained and certified in our Intro to Gators course. Depending on the number of students in the class, we will have 1 or 2 coaches and if we have 2 coaches, one of the two coaches will always be in the water with our more novice swimmers.
- Each swimmer must have goggles, fins, and a kickboard
- Swimmers with long hair or hair that goes past the eye line, must wear a swim cap to keep the hair out of the eyes.
- Boys must wear “jammer” or “brief” swimsuits and girls must wear one-piece swimsuits. We do not allow board shorts for boys or two-piece swimsuits for girls.
- We sell starter kits at a discounted rate for Intro to Gators families. The starter kits include fins, a kickboard, and a swimsuit.
- Mon-Thur: 7:15pm-8:00pm
- Fri: 6:45pm-7:30pm
- Sat-Sun: 8:00am-8:45am & 1:25pm-2:10pm