Intro to Gators is a fun, non-competitive, swim team where swimmers will achieve a working knowledge of the four major swim strokes. Coaches will also work with your children and teach them basic swim terminology and proper swim team etiquette that can be carried on to the competitive ranks.
This Program is offered to our students ages fives and above who have a working knowledge of freestyle, backstroke and breaststroke. The Intro to Gators program is offered throughout Orange County, specifically in the cities of Ladera Ranch, Laguna Hills, Aliso Viejo (seasonal) and Mission Viejo.
Our goal is that every child be successful in this program. Some of our swimmers will go on to swim on Gators Swim Club (competitive swim team) and others will simply do it as a healthier lifestyle option. Whatever the reason, we want to fulfill your goals.
- This program meets Monday-Thursday, Saturday* and Sunday* for 45-minute practices.Students can attend 1x or 2x per week, where you choose the day(s) and location that is most convenient to you. See Schedule bellow for each location.
- The Intro to Gators program is a year-round program and parents can choose to start this program at any point in the season. You can also go, month-to-month and end the program at your convenience.
- We offer fun swim meets called “Splash & Dash” throughout the year. These swim meets are recognized as “recitals” for non-competitive swimmers. These swim meets are held at our Mission Viejo facility and participation is optional but strongly recommended.
- When a child is ready to join our competitive team, we will hand him/her a “Swim Team Ready” certificate. We will also go over the information that is important to both parents and swimmers, so that you can make an informed decision in regard to the next step. If a swimmer receives a “Swim Team Ready” certificate, it does not mean that you have to leave the Intro to Gators program. It simply notifies you that if you are wanting to join the competitive team, your child is ready!
The Intro to Gators coaching staff does most of their work from the pool deck. On occasion, coaches will flex their muscles and get in the water with their swimmers. Getting in the water is at the coach’s discretion. The coaching staff will work with your swimmer to develop all four of the major swim strokes in preparation for a future in aquatic sports.
- Each swimmer must have goggles, fins and a kick board.
- Swimmers with long hair or hair that goes past the eye line, must wear a swim cap as to keep the hair out of the eyes.
- Boys must wear “jammer” or “brief” swimsuits and girls must wear one-piece swimsuits. We do not allow board shorts for boys or two-piece swimsuits for girls.
- We sell starter kits for $60.00. These kits include fins, a kick board and a swimsuit.
To make it easy for you, we sell all of the required equipment and apparel at Evolution Swim Academy Mission Viejo. Swimmers who attend practice without the proper uniform and/or equipment will not be allowed to participate.
- Mon-Thur: 7:15pm-8:00pm
- Saturday: 8:00am-8:45am
Nellie Gail Ranch
- Mon-Thur: 3:30pm-4:30pm (age 10 and under)
- Mon-Thur: 4:00pm-5:00pm (age 11 and over)
- Mon-Thur: 4:30pm-5:15pm (age 10 and under)
- Mon-Thur: 4:30pm-5:30pm (age 11 and over)
- *$13.50 for 2nd workout per week