Poop happens! And unfortunately, sometimes it happens in the swimming pool, which ultimately forces us to close down for the day. This leads to frustrated instructors, students, and parents. So, let’s do everything that we can to prevent this from happening in the future.
Prevention is BETTER for all of us.
- Every child, age 3 and under and those NOT COMPLETELY POTTY TRAINED must wear a snug fitting non-disposable diaper over a disposable swim diaper.
- By double-diapering, we hope to minimize, if not eliminate, fecal accidents in our pool.
- Please make sure that your child visits the bathroom before the start of lessons, even if they went at home and please remember, just because children can tell mom/dad that they have to go “potty,” doesn’t mean that they will tell the instructor.
- If you observe your child doing the “potty dance,” please come into the pool area, take your child out of class and to the bathroom. We won’t be offended.
- If your child is not feeling well, has cramps, diarrhea, “sick tummy,” do not come to class. We offer a free makeup lesson per month. It’s much easier to reschedule 1 child than it is to disappoint over 200.
Many of our families drive long distances to take lessons at Evolution Swim Academy Mission Viejo and go through enormous efforts to make it to class on time. We do not want to disappoint anyone with something that can be prevented. Let’s work together to make this happen.
For every fecal accident, we must charge a $400.00 cleanup fee if the child that had the accident is not double-diapered. We sell non-disposable and disposable diapers in our pro-shop.