Dear Evolution Swim Academy Families,
The first week of our Safe & Sound phase-1 reopening went off without a hitch. Thank you to the families that are currently participating as we look forward to the second and last week of this phase.
Once this week of lessons ends, we will eliminate the current private lesson schedule and will enact our original programming schedule, which includes Parent & Me lessons, private & small group lessons, and Intro to Gators. This will be phase-2 of our reopening and will begin on June 15th. Here is what you need to know (guidelines are subject to change).
- If you are receiving this email, with the exception of Gators lap swim families, you will be on our schedule the week of June 15th. If you need to make changes to your schedule or update your account, please do so by June 12th.
- Our call center will be open Monday-Friday, from 9:00-2:00 pm. You can reach us on live chat (website) or through email during other business hours.
- Due to new guidelines and procedures, we may have updated some of our students’ lesson times. If we updated your start time, you would’ve received an enrollment email and a call from our admin team. You can view your child’s lesson time on the app or the parent portal.
- Most of our instructors are returning in phase-2 and some have updated their schedules for the summer season. You can view your child’s instructor name on the app or the parent portal.
- Our facility guidelines will come out later this week. Although we do not anticipate additional guidelines, some of the phase-1 guidelines may or may not expire. More information coming soon.
- We are going to process billing for June on June 15th and it will be pro-rated based on the number of lessons each child will take in the month of June.
I am very excited about phase-2. Please lookout for a new video regarding swim center guidelines as we enter this phase of our Safe & Sound reentry. I look forward to being of service to you and to your families.
Dear Evolution Swim Academy Families,
It has been 77 days since we closed our doors and I am happy to announce that we continue to be on schedule to open for our phase-1 private lesson only swim schedule this coming Monday, June 1st. Phase-1 will last two weeks and on June 15th, we will enter phase-2, which will see the return of our small group lessons, Parent & Me lessons, and Intro to Gators.
Our swim center is ready and may look a little different than when you last saw it. Somethings that you may not notice include the addition of two new pool heaters, a new UV system for extra sanitation, and the additional sanitizing of our pool deck each evening after swim lessons. Somethings that you may notice include the following.
- Sneeze guards at our front desk area
- Less seating in the lobby to conform to social distancing guidelines
- Front door for “entry” and back door for “exit” policy
- Touchless sinks, toilets, soap dispensers, hand sanitizers, trashcans, and doors
We have taken every precaution to conform to the new OC Health Dept. guidelines for a safe reentry. Part of the guidelines includes having instructors wear face shields & team members who are not in the water wearing face masks. For us to be in compliance, parents must wear face masks in the swim center at all times but students will not have to wear them. We will update our guidelines as soon as we can but for now, this is a must.
Our call center will continue to be open Monday-Friday from 9:00-2:00 pm. Other ways to communicate with us include email, the Evolution Swim Academy app which can be downloaded at the Google Store and Apple Store, live chat, and our new parent portal.
We look forward to continuing to be of service to you and your family. We have a team of dedicated professionals that are committed to saving lives and that is what we intend to get back to doing this Monday, June 1st.
Founder & Olympic Partner
Evolution Swim Academy
Dear Evolution Swim Academy Families,
Our call center is officially open and we are making all updates to schedules, including any cancellations, at this time. If you have reached out to us over email, we will be responding this week. For the next two weeks, our call center will be open from 9:00-2:00 pm, Monday-Friday.
- Registration opens today for our phase-1 schedule and to make updates to our permanent schedule. Please remember that the phase-1 schedule is independent of our permanent schedule.
- Phase-1 lessons will start on June 1st and end on June 13th.
- Siblings may take lessons together but must be at similar levels to do so
- To book sibling semi-private lessons, please call our call center as these lessons are not available online 949-388-4545
- All billing for phase-1 takes place when lessons are scheduled.
- You may schedule your lessons over the phone, on the app, on the parent portal, or over live chat.
- You may contact us over live chat, phone, or email. The following emails are available for administrative questions
Over the next two weeks, we will be putting final touches on the swim center before opening on June 1st. Here is what you can expect when we open.
Students & Adults (Phase-1 guidelines)
- Adults must wear face masks when inside the swim center.
- 1 adult per student & siblings not in lessons should stay home, when possible.
- Students will not be required to wear masks.
- Adult & student temperatures will be taken with a touchless thermometer prior to entering the swim center
- Entrance through the front door, exit through the back door of swim center to limit cross traffic
Front Desk (Phase-1 guidelines)
- The front desk will be equipped with a plexiglass divider that will assist in keeping guests and Team Members safe.
- We will remove our touchscreen for check-in and encourage our guests to check-in using the Evolution Swim Academy app. Our admin team may also check students in once the lesson has started.
- Families may handle administrative questions over the phone, online chat, or on the Evolution Swim Academy app, or on the parent portal. The front desk Team Member will be available to handle pro-shop and snack shop transactions as well as basic administrative questions.
Instructors (Phase-1 guidelines)
- Instructors will be required to wear Evolution Swim Academy supplied face shields during swim lessons
Touchless Swim Center (Permanent)
- Touchless soap dispensers
- Touchless sinks
- Touchless toilets
- Touchless hand sanitizers
- Touchless hallway, restroom, and swim center entrance doors
- Touchless check-in for lessons
- Touchless snack & pro-shop transactions
- Touchless trash cans
Open Areas (Phase-1 guidelines)
- Viewing room in the lobby
- Pro-shop & Snack shop
Closed Areas (Phase-1 guidelines)
- Poolroom for viewing. Parents may only drop-off and pick-up only
- Changing rooms – students are encouraged to attend lessons in swimsuit and leave wearing a swimsuit
Now that our call center is open, you can start making any updates to your account for phase-2 opening. The phase-2 reopening will take place on June 15th. More information about Phase-2 will come out later this week.
Have a great week and let’s get back to Safer Swimming!
Dear Evolution Swim Academy Families,
The time has come for us to consider a Safe & Sound reopening of Evolution Swim Academy Mission Viejo. My plan is to reopen the swim center on May 26th (the day after Memorial Day) and to enter the first phase of our reopening at that time. Attached to this email you will find our Phase 1 reopening plan. I think that you will find that we took our time to cover all bases so that our swimmers, families, and Team Members have a safe and sound experience.
Our administrative team will be back next week to answer your questions and to make administrative updates to your account. As part of our phase 1 opening, we will unfreeze your accounts so that we can make any changes that need to be made. This includes making schedule changes, billing updates, and for those that will need to cancel, we will cancel your lessons at that time. Here is how you can communicate with us:
- Phone call
- Email – We will call you for any admin updates.
- Online chat with a Team Member (visit our website)
You will also be able to make schedule changes on the Evolution Swim Academy app.
PHASE 1 – This schedule will be open for registration on Monday, May 18th, and will start May 26th. You can schedule on the parent portal, the Evolution Swim Academy app, over online chat, or by calling into our call center.
- Phase 1 includes
- Private lessons (1x or 2x per week, 25-minute private lessons) $50.00/lesson
- Intensive lessons (5x per week, 15-minute private lessons) $150/week
PHASE 2 – We will reintroduce our normal schedule and we will end our Phase 1 schedule. This schedule will start on June 8, 2020. You can make any updates to this schedule starting this coming Monday and please remember, this schedule is independent of our Phase 1 schedule.
- Phase 2 includes
- Private & small group lessons
- Intro to Gators
- Parent & Me lessons
- Opening of other amenities throughout the swim center including changing rooms, showers, and playroom.
We are returning to our normal schedule on a two-phase plan rollout and we will make any changes to this plan as we see fit after phase 1 is in play. There are some new guidelines that we will adopt. For instance, we are going to make it so that most of our offerings are touchless, we are going to stagger start times so that some lessons start at the 00 & 30 and others start at 15 & 45 of each hour. These are great common-sense changes that we cannot ignore.
This evening, I will be sending out a short survey and I ask that you please take 3 minutes to respond to the survey. It will help us get started, to get back on our feet, and it will help us to get back to teaching your children to be safer and more confident swimmers.
Thank you for all of your support over the past 2+ months. You have been great in uplifting my family to get past this tough time.
Call Center Hours week of May 18, 2020
Monday – Friday 8:30 – 2:30 pm
As week 8 of quarantine comes to an end I want to wish all of the amazing mothers at Evolution Swim Academy a Happy Mothers Day!
Week 8 brings us to a pivot in our quarantine. While the state has started to slowly reopen, I have been working with the Orange County Health Authority, Orange County Government, and our City Mayor to set a path forward to getting back to swim lessons. I am calling this a Safe & Sound Reopening and although the day for us to open our doors is not here quite yet, we are on the road to our destination and I look forward to that day coming more sooner than later.
My supervisors, managers, and instructors have been working on a plan that follows our county guidelines for a safe reopening. Although our phase 1 reopening programming will be different than what you are used to, it will still serve a purpose. Our reopening will consist of private lessons (students can attend 1x or 2x per week) or Intensives (students attend 5 days per week, for 15 minutes per lesson in a 1:1 format). After our phase 1 reopening, which may last 2 or 3 weeks, we will then transition back to our original programming in its entirety. At that time, our phase 1 programming will come to an end.
For families wanting to participate in our phase 1 reopening, you will be able to book and secure lessons on your app or parent portal or by calling into our call center. Remember, our phase 1 lessons include a new schedule of lessons so you will have to register for them, but it doesn’t mean that by doing so, you lose your current spot on our original programming. These schedules are independent of one another. For those families wanting to wait until phase 2, when we reopen with our original programming, you can take this time to call in and make any changes that need to be made to your account. If no changes need to be made, you can sit tight and we will announce when phase 2 will take place at a later date.
Next week, I will announce the date of the return of our administrators and the reopening of our call center. I will also announce when phase 1 classes will be ready for registration and when those classes will begin.
I want to thank everyone that has supported us over these past two months. Small businesses are fragile and I know that many of these businesses will not be here when it’s time to reopen. My heart truly goes out to every family that has been affected by this pandemic, but especially those whose dreams have been shattered because of the closing of their small business.
Dear Evolution Swim Academy Families,
44 days ago today, we became a part of the solution and closed our doors so that we could get this thing under control. It seems that we are learning more as the days go by and I continue to be optimistic about our future.
Since we do not have a reopening date we will not be processing monthly dues on May 1st. All accounts continue to be frozen. Here is what we do know.
- The federal government has rolled out a 3-phase proposal to open the country’s economy.
- Governor Newsom has rolled out a 6-step plan that we must achieve before beginning the 3-phase government plan.
- I’ve learned that counties may work independently from the state government and may create their own plan for reopening.
Spring is here and summer is right around the corner. The weather is warming up and people are starting to venture out to the beaches. Orange County beaches are open and although parking lots are closed, OC residents will not be denied and continue to look to the beach for distraction.
We are now in our 7th week of closure and I ask that you please be extra vigilant of your children. Like anything else, skills that are not practiced begin to erode over time and this includes swimming skills. The beaches, home pools, bathtubs, buckets of water all pose dangers to our young children and spending more time at home actually increases the likelihood of something going wrong. Please be extra careful as the weather starts to warm up.
Our local government is meeting today and I have an email out to our local representatives asking them to label swim lesson providers as essential businesses so that we may be included in Phase 1 of the rollout. I believe that Evolution Swim Academy can provide a safe environment for our families, students, and Team Members alike, and having the ability to be included in phase-1 would allow us to work with families that are comfortable attending swim lessons during this time. It would also allow us to put a plan in place for families that may not be ready to come back when phase-1 starts. I am going to be all-encompassing in my reopening plan because I know that fear and the unknown is not a one size fits all.
In my next email, I will detail some of the planning that we have been working on for our imminent reopening and I hope to have a tentative reopening date in place. I want to thank you for hanging in there with us and for trusting us during this process. We can’t wait to get back in the water and we can’t wait to see you.
Dear Evolution Swim Academy Families,
I can’t believe it’s been five weeks since we closed our doors. It seems like just yesterday we were hoping for an April 1st reopening, not knowing what the future would hold. We are still here, optimistic that we can get back to some level of normalcy sometime soon.
A 3-phase plan has been rolled out by our government in regard to reopening our country. For the 3-phase plan to start in California, we must see a downward trajectory in reported COVID-19 illnesses, in documented COVID-19 cases, and in the ability to treat all patients without crisis and a robust testing program in place for all at-risk workers, including emergency and antibody testing. All of this must be seen over a 14-day period.
Once the state of California achieves the milestones detailed above, the three phases will begin to roll out. Evolution Swim Academy would be included in phase 2, which includes the opening of schools and organized youth activities.
My plan to reopen Evolution Swim Academy will be focused on the safety and wellbeing of everyone involved. I want to continue to be a part of the solution and in doing so, safety has to come first. I will follow the recommendations of the OC Health Department and I will implement guidelines that are specific to our business. In doing so, I will assure you that everyone has a safe experience at our swim school.
In regard to the timeline, it would be premature to set an opening day at this time. We will not open on May 1st and the following will continue to be in place.
- All accounts continue to be frozen and we will not be processing billing on May 1st.
- I will let everyone know, with plenty of notice, when an expected reopening day will take place. Prior to making the announcement, I will assemble a small group of Team Members to be available to take your calls and emails to make updates/changes to your account. You will also be able to chat with us on our website as we have transitioned from artificial intelligence to a live Team Member online.
Our call center is currently open from 9:00-12:00 pm, Monday-Friday, and live chat is also available during the same hours.
When we open, we will be offering the following programs:
- Swim lessons, all levels including Parent & Me lessons
- Intro to Gators
- Summer Sports Camps (no weeks have been affected)
- Summer Swim Team (abbreviated)
We will not be offering the following programs:
- Splashball (we may offer this program later in the summer)
- Swim camps (this was a new program that will now be offered in 2021)
- Spring Swim Team (postponed until 2021)
That’s it for now, be safe, be healthy, and I look forward to being in touch soon.
Dear Evolution Swim Academy Families,
When we closed our doors on 3/16/2020, we were not sure what the future would hold in regard to a reopening date. We were hopeful for a 3/31 opening but we have always been flexible knowing that the local health authorities have the ultimate say. As of today, we have set a reopening date for 5/1/2020 and I will continue to update you if anything changes.
Evolution Swim Academy is committed to the health and wellbeing of our families, students, and Team Members alike. Although our swim center and our seasonal sites are temporarily closed, some of our Team Members are working remotely and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future. We have limited call center hours, 9:00-12:00 pm, Monday-Friday. Robyn and Kristin are both working our call center if you need them. Kaitlynn, HR, is making sure that all of our employees are successfully navigating through these uncertain times, and I’m working on making sure that we are ready to roll just as soon as the OC Health Dept. gives us the green light.
With all of our accounts being frozen, please rest assured that we will not be billing tomorrow and that I will continue to communicate with you as we get closer to our reopening. You will have plenty of time to make any updates to your account before we process billing and reopen again. That is my commitment to you.
These are uncertain times and as a small family-owned business, my family is so appreciative of your support. We miss you, we wish you great health, and we can’t wait to see you again.
Good morning Evolution Swim Academy Families,
It was one week ago today that Evolution Swim Academy closed its doors to do our part in both containing the spread of the virus and to assure the health and wellbeing of our students, families, and Team Members alike. We are holding up well and I hope that you are too.
Here are some quick updates for you:
- We will not be open on April 1st. We will only open once the local health authorities say that it is safe to open our business again. This process is dynamic and I will update you as I know more.
- All accounts continue to be frozen and we will NOT be processing billing on April 1st.
- Billing is on hold until we communicate a firm opening date. At that point, I will notify you of the date and of the date that we anticipate processing our billing.
- Great ways to stay connected with us include downloading our app from the Apple or Google Play stores & following us on social media (INSTAGRAM, FACEBOOK)
That’s it for now, stay safe, stay home, and wash those hands because soon enough, we are all going to be back in business again!
It has been approximately 48 hours since we closed our doors and boy have things moved fast. The next few weeks will be tough for us, and other businesses alike, but I am hopeful that with everyone’s cooperation, we will cut down on downtime, and soon, we will be up and in business again.
I would like for you to know that all active accounts at Evolution Swim Academy are currently frozen. This means that we do not anticipate billing on April 1st, and will only process billing once things are up and running again. As promised, I will be in touch often, keeping everyone up to date as more information comes out. The only make-up lessons that you have accrued during this time are any that were still available from February and missed lessons in March. Please remember that as of today, those make-up lessons will be valid until 8/31/2020 and I will extend that period if I feel that it is warranted.
Today, we turned off the pool heaters, turned off the UV system, turned off the heater in the pool room, turned off all of our computers, and disconnected all other appliances that do not need to be connected during this time. It was a sad day indeed.
Over the past couple of days, I have been busy providing my instruction and administrative team with directions for what comes next. I have also been working with my supervisors and managers so that all emails and phone calls continue to be returned in a timely manner. These Team Members are currently working remotely from their homes.
Finally, I want to thank all of the amazing families that have taken a moment to reach out to me. Your words of encouragement are well-received and very much appreciated. For families that have sent emails that warrant a response, I will be responding today.
I cannot wait to get back to being of service to you and to your families!
Dear Evolution Swim Academy Customers,
I would like to communicate to you that we will be suspending all programming at Evolution Swim Academy, effecting 11:00 am today through March 31, 2020. This time frame may be extended. I had hoped to avoid this and to continue to provide some level of normalcy during these difficult moments, but in the spirit of being part of the new guidelines and to be a greater part of the solution, we encourage our families to stay home so that we can get back to normal as soon as possible. My number one priority is the health and safety of our children, families, and Team Members.
I am aware that the Coronavirus and the new guidelines will financially impact many of our families. This will also be a very difficult challenge for us at Evolution Swim Academy. We are a family-owned and operated business and this will have an unprecedented negative impact on our business and our Team Members. Operationally, the best thing that you can do to help Evolution Swim Academy survive these extraordinary moments is to accept make-up lessons for the classes that are missed during our closure. I will personally guarantee that your child is able to make up any and all classes missed. I am extending the make-up time frame to 8/31/2020 for any make-up lessons that are still valid for February and all of March. For obvious reasons, we would like to limit the number of cancellations and refund requests so that we are able to meet our financial obligations to our Team Members, our rental agreements, our insurance, amongst many other financial obligations that we will continue to have during these times.
I will be in touch and will keep everyone posted on how we will move forward as more information becomes available. Essentially, I am asking everyone to just sit tight with this until our community and our lessons at Evolution Swim Academy can return to normalcy.
Thank you for your support and we look forward to putting this behind us and to continuing to teach your children to be safer and more confident swimmers.
It’s not goodbye, it’s a ‘see you soon’