Dear Evolution Swim Academy Families,
I can’t believe it’s been five weeks since we closed our doors. It seems like just yesterday we were hoping for an April 1st reopening, not knowing what the future would hold. We are still here, optimistic that we can get back to some level of normalcy sometime soon.
A 3-phase plan has been rolled out by our government in regard to reopening our country. For the 3-phase plan to start in California, we must see a downward trajectory in reported COVID-19 illnesses, in documented COVID-19 cases, and in the ability to treat all patients without crisis and a robust testing program in place for all at-risk workers, including emergency and antibody testing. All of this must be seen over a 14-day period.
Once the state of California achieves the milestones detailed above, the three phases will begin to roll out. Evolution Swim Academy would be included in phase 2, which includes the opening of schools and organized youth activities.
My plan to reopen Evolution Swim Academy will be focused on the safety and wellbeing of everyone involved. I want to continue to be a part of the solution and in doing so, safety has to come first. I will follow the recommendations of the OC Health Department and I will implement guidelines that are specific to our business. In doing so, I will assure you that everyone has a safe experience at our swim school.
In regard to the timeline, it would be premature to set an opening day at this time. We will not open on May 1st and the following will continue to be in place.
- All accounts continue to be frozen and we will not be processing billing on May 1st.
- I will let everyone know, with plenty of notice, when an expected reopening day will take place. Prior to making the announcement, I will assemble a small group of Team Members to be available to take your calls and emails to make updates/changes to your account. You will also be able to chat with us on our website as we have transitioned from artificial intelligence to a live Team Member online.
Our call center is currently open from 9:00-12:00 pm, Monday-Friday, and live chat is also available during the same hours.
When we open, we will be offering the following programs:
- Swim lessons, all levels including Parent & Me lessons
- Intro to Gators
- Summer Sports Camps (no weeks have been affected)
- Summer Swim Team (abbreviated)
We will not be offering the following programs:
- Splashball (we may offer this program later in the summer)
- Swim camps (this was a new program that will now be offered in 2021)
- Spring Swim Team (postponed until 2021)
That’s it for now, be safe, be healthy, and I look forward to being in touch soon.